• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[IWAGUMI] My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125 (THE END)

Re: My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125

The composition is first class, can't wait to see this one blossom!

My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125

Bet youre happy with that! Really Very nice, love the rocks , compostion is spot on and the plants compliment it so well... Good luck with the grow out :)

I love it too :clap: The color and composition of the rock is awesome, for me it has a kind of gothic eerie look about it. Will you add livestock?

and, please keep the picture udates coming

Jason.

My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125

LondonDragon said:
Many thanks guys :) I hope it looks better in a few weeks haha

It looks better after 4 days!
Flow must be great with 2 powerheads and the spray bar all facing the front.
Perhaps a black background to blend the equipment slightly?
Great scaping skills Paulo!

Many thanks everyone for the nice words :)

greenjar said:
Will you add livestock?.
Eventually yes, this is a complete new setup with Amazonia which leeches a lot of ammonia, so I am going to give it 3-4 weeks before I even think about adding fish, what not even sure yet.

Dan Walter said:
Flow must be great with 2 powerheads and the spray bar all facing the front.
Perhaps a black background to blend the equipment slightly?
There was an issue with flow on the right hand side so I added another Koralia 1 there, so in total inc filter there is 4500lph turnover so around 35X.
I am thinking of a background at the moment, not sure if I will go with a black one or one imitating a blue sky, similar to what Mark Evans uses.

Many thanks once again :) I remember that the Green Aqua Iwagumi had an algae outbreak on day 10, so after two weeks I will see how this is going ;)

good growth LD!

I have also been looking at backgrounds, so nipped into Staples the other day and they have a large carde section, they have the same colour Mark uses, they have some really good colours in there. I ended up with black lol.

ianho said:
good growth LD!
I have also been looking at backgrounds, so nipped into Staples the other day and they have a large carde section, they have the same colour Mark uses, they have some really good colours in there. I ended up with black lol.
Thanks, I will have to pop int to Staples and have a look ;)

Tom said:
Great growth so far, I wish my Mini M would be that quick at the moment! What are you dosing, German ferts-wise?
Hi Tom, I am dosing 10 pumps of each per day, I don't think they are 1ml dosages. I am keeping the CO2 high, both drop checkers are always yellowish, and lots of flow, the flow actually keeps the HC glued to the substrate and its already spreading nicely after 4 days.

Looking Good Palo. Nice piccies too. Barely recognisable as the same tank as before. lol. The magic of aquascaping :)

I can't give critical comment on the hardscape because that ain't my forte however I would say this is about the first journal I've seen without any comments from the 'rock police' so it must be good :)

Regards
AC

Thanks Andy, photos are just taken with a TZ7 equivalent (I have the US model) could not be bothered to get the DSLR out. I know what you mean about the difference, was so used to one thing for so many years, now this is a complete change for me too haha

This was my first attempt:
p1030182r.jpg

The rock work didn't look right to be honest, looked too symmetrical, then read the ADA Iwagumi tutorial online and changed it completely, which I think works much better now.

Tom said:
I actually like that ^ sorry! It breaks up the "line" by having the rock at the front. Maybe if it was even more forward, and slightly to the right....! :)
Problem is that front rock would disappear very quickly once plants grew in and then you would only notice the 4 large rocks, then it would look symmetrical ;)

Nice Paulo. What bps are you running here? I am running the same co2 setup pretty much and can't seem to get my drop checkers lime green. I've only just started using the up atomizer so I'm not sure how is should work. It's kicking out lots of bubbles but I'm nearly running a constant stream of bubbles. Do you have the same?

I don't have a bubble counter so I would not know the bps, I just increased it gradually until the drop checker was yellowish ;) since I have no fauna in the tank I can just keep on upping it, will have to reduce when I had fauna to the tank.

Aeropars said:
Is your mist quite noticable?
Yes it is, I have just purchased an Eheim 1260 pump, reason I was after the new filter intake and spraybar, I am going to use the pump with the Aquamedic 1000 reactor for CO2 and also for an in-line heater when I get around to purchase that, that way I have nothing in-line on the filter, I will have an additional filter intake on the opposite side of the filter and an extra spraybar but that will eliminate the need to have any koralias in the tank.

Hmmm. I cant work mine out. The BPS is nealy off the scale but my drop checkers are still a rak green. I wonder if I have put too much reagent in them. The fish seem fine too and I'm not getting any pearling since moving to the UP atomizer.
Do you think I'm not putting enough CO2 through it?

Aeropars said:
It's a possibility, but first I would make the solution in the drop checker once again to make sure its done properly, and after a day if its still the same, just increase the CO2 slightly and monitor for signs of stress in the fish, but if the plants are doing fine just leave as is, you don't need pearling for healthy plants.

Aeropars said:
Hmmm. I cant work mine out. The BPS is nealy off the scale but my drop checkers are still a rak green. I wonder if I have put too much reagent in them. The fish seem fine too and I'm not getting any pearling since moving to the UP atomizer.

I was reading on another thread on here (3rd post in) about carbonic acid and Clive pointed out that KH can effect the effectiveness of 4dkH water + Bromothymol reagent. Do you know the KH levels of your water.

Like LD says tho, try redoing the solution and possibly reposition the DChecker. See if it changes somewhere else, could be flow problems?

PS. Loving your work LD! :thumbup:

Back