• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Iwagumi - 25L

Nigel95

My first tank but way to small so I bought a bigger one. Maybe you like to see my first attempt ;).

Have a look at my Youtube channel :)
>> www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping
<<

If a Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words, What Is a Video Worth?

Specs
Tank

Superfish home 25: 25 litre / 6,6 gallon
42 x 25 x 22,5 cm WxDxH
Lighting
Desk lamp 20 watt 1200 lumens
Stones
5 Seiryu stones
Substrate
ADA Aqua Soil
Shrimp
10+ Red cherry
3 Amano
Fish
5 microrasbora kubotai
Plants
Micranthemum 'Monte carlo' in the front
Dwarf hair grass 'Eleocharis acicularis mini' in the back and between the stones.
Co2
Pressurized CO2 with a diffusor
Co2 checker edge
Heater
25 watt dennerle nano heater temperature 24
Filter
Eheim classic 150 external filter with lily pipes
Background
Black vinyl ADA screen

Recent pictures
ac8jfl.jpg

15eelp5.jpg

Golden ratio
1 focal point because it's a nano aquarium. The above 1/3 looks filled but if you go lower only the main stone reaches it a little.
29mn4vs.jpg

Dry start
Day 1

21jd5ib.jpg

10fpbn4.jpg

Day 6 extra dwarf hair grass
2nladqd.jpg

Day 14
29xsuv8.jpg

nozgw9.jpg

Day 21
Rescape

2z9jxb9.jpg

Day 26 with water
juvf50.jpg

Day 51
55pgns.jpg

Day 64
ac8jfl.jpg

15eelp5.jpg

Last edited:
I geuss the growth was much faster whit water then the dry start or is this wrong. Great looking tank looks very healthy

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

I geuss the growth was much faster whit water then the dry start or is this wrong. Great looking tank looks very healthy

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Yeah I was thinking that to. But the plants also need time to get used and at the start I had much lower light. It was only 5 watt that was build in. I removed it and now using a strong desk lamp 1200 lumens. So far no algae problems.

Great journal, lovely minimal little scape. Would you do a dry start again? Can I ask what was the initial light period duration?

Great journal, lovely minimal little scape. Would you do a dry start again? Can I ask what was the initial light period duration?

My first aquarium ever haha. I would only dry start again if using mosses by yoghurt method. I hate it that you can't watch to the tank and only see condensation. But if you don't mind it's a lot of less maintenance and the tank substrate will still cycle. I started with a 6 hour photoperiod and increased it by 15 mins every week and watched if there was any algae.

Back