• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

It's a wonder what a bit of fish poo can do

mort

Fish poo fertiliser has done wonder for my brugmansia this year. It was repotted last year and didn't flower and has waited till now to really put on a show. We had quite a lot of much larger flowers at the end of august but never 10 at once and with a couple still to come.

20171114_115834.jpg
20171114_115913.jpg
20171114_115933.jpg
20171114_120004.jpg
20171114_120044.jpg
20171114_120130.jpg
20171114_120058.jpg

Hi all,
wonder for my brugmansia this year
I like these, I know they have a bit of a sinister reputation, but they are lovely.
....All parts of Brugmansia are potentially poisonous, with the seeds and leaves being especially dangerous.[19][23]Brugmansia are rich in scopolamine (hyoscine), hyoscyamine, and several other tropane alkaloids.[24] Effects of ingestion can include paralysis of smooth muscles, confusion, tachycardia, dry mouth, diarrhea, migraine headaches, visual and auditory hallucinations, mydriasis, rapid onset cycloplegia, and death
Is that one "Grand Marnier"? It looks like it is a better colour form.

cheers Darrel

I know they have a bit of a sinister reputation, but they are lovely.

Is that one "Grand Marnier"? It looks like it is a better colour form.

cheers Darrel

We've had it 5-6 years now and knew they were potentially nasty when we got it. Both our previous and current dog have ignored it even through the try everything puppy stage (although fuchsias didn't fare as well). I got this from a friend who's sadly no longer with us so can't say for certain which species it is. It came from a mini Eden project they had in the back garden complete with birds. Theirs was a small tree and I said I liked it so he snapped a bit off and stuck it on some soil. I believe it was much paler, nearer white/yellow then, now whiter blooms which turn orangey. It has a really strong perfume which is probably good given all the clown loach poo that goes into the pot:)

I've seen a lot of people using goldfish/koy in hydroponics systems with great success. They are true ferts factories!

Big old clown loaches produce a lot of waste as well. I'm planning on trying some hydroponics on my pond next year. This year it produced water cress which grew like trees so thinking of new vegetable varieties.

My grandparents have a massive one outside in Cyprus. I’ll see if i have a picture. I wouldnt sleep under one or place the flower where your sleeping though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back