• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Its a stick up

Halley

Hello everyone - here is my new aquascape. It has been running for about a month. It is mid-tech (if I can coin a new phase) neither hi or low tech but it is low light. It had a major anubius melt at its inception and I lost tonnes of anubius. It is a juwel vision with the internal, a jbl e1501 and a koralia pump. Any suggestions on how to hide the filter intake? It is mainly java fern, rotala species green and crypts. I have a bazooka running the co2 at 2 bubbles per second. The lighting is low - the original 2 t8s with no reflectors. I would appreciate some feedback.
e20ee1f2a1df4b6ee958c32d69b3b8f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes with Nemo and a Ninja Turtle (who love algae apparently) -

SpongeBob is enough for me. :lol: Love it!! :clap: Also the scape, if you would toss Ninja and Nemo.. But never mind, that's just me.. ;)

I would get rid of them if I could!

Thank you - good idea - I might paint the back with black acrylic when I get a chance - i think it might hide the intake a bit better. Ive tried both chocolate and ice cream but both only last a few minutes and as the saying goes - eaten food is soon forgotten

Thank you - good idea - I might paint the back with black acrylic when I get a chance - i think it might hide the intake a bit better. Ive tried both chocolate and ice cream but both only last a few minutes and as the saying goes - eaten food is soon forgotten

Hi Halley, Better to use art cardboard The Range stocks it in lots of colours 80cm x 60cm boards ;) Big plus you can change the background colour when you want :)
Better than painting the glass.

Yes that makes more sense - i will try to find some - thank you

A new pic - i added 10 praecox rainbow fish but they are a bit bland - i heard they colour up as the get older. Also added some orange cherry shrimp.
d6cbdaca32d66ef09ea6a768bca10744.jpg

Looks like a nice piece of wood, got any pre set up pictures?

An update on my juwel vision 180
af1e6399491942a4ebc04064ecf7dd97.jpg
aca61630ce6d900719462e575bbac363.jpg
a54822cf66db066fb4f48ffad3b93b3f.jpg

Plants have grown in well with only 2 t8 bulbs used with no reflectors. I think low light, the right plants and some co2 is the key to a good, low maintenance planted tank. However, I am still flummoxed by the persistent melting of my anubius

Thank you - its not perfect but it is full of low maintenance plants

Back