• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

It has a chip!

greenbliss

Today I bought a clearseal aquarium and upon bringing it home and having a look at it to make sure there wasn't any faults, I found a chip on top of one of the glass panes. Will this cause issues? I Looked at it closely + did some searching online and it seems that it should be fine? I don't really live near any of the aquarium shops I go to, so replacing it wouldn't be the easiest. There seems to be no cracks coming from the chipped area.

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    786.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
Is the chip above the brace? If so it won’t be a problem structurally, just a little unsightly. You could place it so the chip is at the back. However, technically it is faulty and if it were me it want one without a chip.
Yes the chip is above the brace. It is right on the top of the pane.

I agree that structurally it will be fine and if you can live with it then ok. It is a reason why they would exchange the tank though, assuming you didn't give the tank a once over prior to buying it.
Even if you decide to keep it, I would let the shop know as you might be able to wangle a small discount to voucher. Just pretend you are thinking of bringing it back.

Back