• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Issue with pro-elite

KirstyF

Hi There. I have a co2 art pro elite series with additional manifold. I am running alot of bubbles, too many to count through both manifolds.

Working pressure is set at 45psi, remains stable throughout usage period and is still showing 45psi just prior to the solenoid starting up the next day. As soon as the solenoid kicks in, however, the pressure drops to about 15psi and I have no Co2 coming through. If, at this point, I turn the working pressure on as far as it will go, it will still not bring this up to a functional pressure.

To resolve this I have had to shut everything off, including the cylinder, release the pressure from the tank by loosening the nut, re-tighten and turn the gas back on (with working pressure valve on fully closed) switch the solenoid on and then use the working pressure valve to bring the pressure back up to 45psi.

It will then run fine and completely stable until the next day when the whole issue starts over.

How do I solve this so that it will function without intervention?

Hi There. I have a co2 art pro elite series with additional manifold. I am running alot of bubbles, too many to count through both manifolds.

Working pressure is set at 45psi, remains stable throughout usage period and is still showing 45psi just prior to the solenoid starting up the next day. As soon as the solenoid kicks in, however, the pressure drops to about 15psi and I have no Co2 coming through. If, at this point, I turn the working pressure on as far as it will go, it will still not bring this up to a functional pressure.

To resolve this I have had to shut everything off, including the cylinder, release the pressure from the tank by loosening the nut, re-tighten and turn the gas back on (with working pressure valve on fully closed) switch the solenoid on and then use the working pressure valve to bring the pressure back up to 45psi.

It will then run fine and completely stable until the next day when the whole issue starts over.

How do I solve this so that it will function without intervention?

Hi Kirsty,

Really sorry your pro elite is not doing what it’s told to do. Something is clearly not right. Can I ask, have you recently replaced your cylinder? Sometimes dirt can enter the valves during this process. It is possible to resolve this by shutting down the regulator and removing it, cleaning the connections and reconnecting it again. Could you try this and let me know if it resolves the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi There

Thank you for coming back to me.
I have checked the connections and everything appears clean (this is a brand new purchase cylinder so the valve was plastic wrapped on arrival)
16CF1BEB-4EE5-4BFE-A780-2B2905ED78EB.jpeg 887392F4-D07B-40AB-B4AD-A9B1F34D5A33.jpeg

I re-set working pressure last night to around 57psi to see if this helped but again today as soon as the solenoid activated it dropped to between 10 and 15 and virtually no Co2 throughput.

F57D3937-7697-4319-B6C6-88B7D88F7144.jpeg

I therefore re-set manually.
The high pressure gauge from the cylinder is showing the level expected and holding steady
39A178F6-A3B5-42B0-BB6D-7391D4BF2A93.jpeg

Working pressure then manually set to 45psi and getting a decent bubble count.

06332F08-67D9-4E11-8B03-AB5018C7F516.jpeg

I am monitoring again today but have done this every day since Saturday so far. The main cylinder pressure holds steady and the working pressure holds steady throughout the usage period and overnight so this would imply no leaks.

Prior to the solenoid coming on the next day, all pressure settings are still steady and showing at previously set levels but as soon as the solenoid activates the working pressure drops down to 10-15 as stated above.

At this point, because the working pressure gauge is now almost fully open, I have to de-pressurise the whole system (i.e turn the cylinder off and release pressure by loosening the nut) move the working pressure valve back to its lowest setting and then re-pressurise and re-set working pressure manually.

I am on holiday this week to set up this new tank but will be going back to work next week and then away for 3 days, so a quick resolve is needed as I will not be able to do daily manual re-sets. I have someone in the house who will dose fertilisers for me whilst I’m away but won’t be happy to do this for me.

Many thanks

Hi There
Update: working pressure valve now seems to have completely failed.
I just went back to re-check tank after posting the above reply and working pressure had dropped to around 10 again. Attempted to re-set and am now getting pretty much no working pressure at all.

Cylinder gauge pressurised with working pressure gauge at lowest setting. 0psi
72DA31EA-A89E-4DC6-864F-53F5EAA858B3.jpeg

Cylinder gauge pressurised with working pressure gauge at highest setting. 5psi
7F1EB765-1000-4D7B-AF3C-BE2AB4A7EE1F.jpeg

Best regards

Kirsty

Hi There

Your customer service department were in contact by email yesterday requesting various checks, strip downs etc, all completed, regulator still not working at all, so no Co2 now.
Have had no further responses since 4pm yesterday however??

Any support in chasing this through would be welcome!

Many thanks.

Kirsty

Its odd they didn't get back to you @KirstyF as their customer service is usually spot on.

Appreciate you want you this resolving and soothing words won't help much right now.

I did get another email at 16:40 today with another set of instructions for stripping down a different part of the regulator but have sent 3 emails back and nothing.

I know Co2 Art are sponsors and remain hopeful that they will get this sorted but right now I could fly to Germany quicker than I can get an email response so….🙁

Again could I implore anyone from Co2 Art that monitors these threads to please engage with resolving this issue.

Happy to deal with someone by direct email as needed.

Hi Folks

Pleased to say that today, for the first time, the regulator maintained pressure and continued working when the solenoid kicked in. 👍 Fingers crossed it will continue this way.

To get to this, it has required me to carry out various tests and to strip both the front and rear of the working pressure valve and then re-assemble.

I would still have to say, in all fairness, that I still believe these are good regulators (There is more than enough evidence out there to support that) and any piece of equipment that you buy can have a fault….it happens!

My frustration has been entirely around waiting 24hrs between emails which has resulted in a 5 day fix that I could have resolved in an hr had comms been better.

Whilst I also cannot comment on what the response would have been had I been unprepared to do the stripping down, I can say that they did confirm on one email that the product was under warranty so there was no argument regarding this.

They are also sending out some spare parts (free of charge) with fitting instructions ‘just in case’.

If they could speed up their comms, I’d have little to quibble over tbf (although having a good set of DIY tools has certainly come in handy) 😊

Hi Folks

Pleased to say that today, for the first time, the regulator maintained pressure and continued working when the solenoid kicked in. Fingers crossed it will continue this way.

To get to this, it has required me to carry out various tests and to strip both the front and rear of the working pressure valve and then re-assemble.

I would still have to say, in all fairness, that I still believe these are good regulators (There is more than enough evidence out there to support that) and any piece of equipment that you buy can have a fault….it happens!

My frustration has been entirely around waiting 24hrs between emails which has resulted in a 5 day fix that I could have resolved in an hr had comms been better.

Whilst I also cannot comment on what the response would have been had I been unprepared to do the stripping down, I can say that they did confirm on one email that the product was under warranty so there was no argument regarding this.

They are also sending out some spare parts (free of charge) with fitting instructions ‘just in case’.

If they could speed up their comms, I’d have little to quibble over tbf (although having a good set of DIY tools has certainly come in handy)

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience with our support team. I’ll pass this onto them. I completely understand the frustration of dealing with our team via email and agree, an alternative channel would surely help resolve the more tricky issues a lot quicker.

Due to the variety of time zones that our support team work across, it can cause delays unfortunately. I can suggest that if anyone does require step by step procedures to resolve an issue, we can (not always but sometimes) use platforms like WhatsApp to make it easier. It is always worth asking our support team member at the time. Alternatively, a quick message to our social media accounts and I can ping the support team for you.

Regulators are built in a way that each component can be replaced and we do everything possible to identify and replace any defected part without having to go through the timely and costly process of replacing the entire unit. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its odd they didn't get back to you @KirstyF as their customer service is usually spot on.

Appreciate you want you this resolving and soothing words won't help much right now.
No John, it's not. As I mentioned above, we are looking at other methods of supporting the community with tech enquiries. I appreciate the positive conversation in this thread, even though we were not performing up to scratch. thanks guys 🙏

So here we go again. Just swapped gas bottles for the first time and regardless of what position the working pressure gauge is in, as soon as I turn on the gas at the bottle, the working pressure flies up to 150psi and the over-pressure valve kicks in to vent the excess pressure.

I’m guessing that something in there must be jamming during the process. Tried re-stripping but didn’t work this time.

Co2Art are however, sending me a new regulator. Unfortunately with Xmas, it won’t get here till Wed at the earliest.

So another 5 days with no Co2. 🙁

The upside: they responded, agreed to send the new regulator and processed the order inside 30mins. Every cloud has a silver lining I guess. 😏

At the end of the day you should not be having to strip down and rebuild a piece of supposedly "precision" equipment.
It's not a cheap piece of kit so if it's not working as it should be then it should be replaced without question.
Is there a risk with dismantling this type of equipment? Hope they are willing to foot the bill if things go horribly wrong.

Is there a risk with dismantling this type of equipment? Hope they are willing to foot the bill if things go horribly wrong.

Just my thoughts but I should imagine that in normal circumstances, stripping would potentially invalidate a warranty so I would certainly not recommend doing so without first being told to by the supplier.

If, as in my case, they have advised you what to do (step by step instructions were sent to me) then their warranty would/should not be affected.

I would also suggest, however, that anyone not confident (or without the correct tools) to do the stripping or if concerned about getting it wrong and causing a disaster, this is a conversation you should have with the customer services dept. There can clearly be no obligation for you to fix it yourself.

I’m reasonably handy with a tool set so was happy to give it a go and, in fairness, having said enough is enough, they are now sending a new one out.

When a regulator issue requires a strip down, our support team understands that this is not something everyone is comfortable doing. Therefore, we do offer to receive the regulator and do the work required ourselves. We will do everything we can to avoid the need to return a regulator for repair to limit the amount of downtime so we do encourage everyone to work with us and attempt the fix themselves.

We also find that most people, given instructions, are ok with the procedures asked of them and can get their regulator back up and running again fairly easily. For anyone a little nervous of stripping down a regulator, the process is less nervewracking that setting up your very first co2 kit 😉

Back