• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Island Shore - 60 x 30 x 45 Rock, grass and hopefully class!

Chris, I think I understand what you said about the vision. My work this year wasn't great either, I think I sent it just for statistics, because I can, not because I think it's ready for contest.
Well, I'd like to think we made our tanks and wanted them to be as much good as we want, and not because we ought to make something for contests. Well, at least we can not be obsessed with those numbers.

I think I want to say something positive, but I lack a bit of English words, sorry for this.

Exactly! I'm doing this for me not for a contest but it's still fun to submit something and see how it places...

Final Shot

IAPLC 2015 Placed #1305

Considering the algae dramas I had earlier with this I'm pretty happy to have got to here.
I would be proud of having that tank at home...

Think about it this way: you don't have a 180-210 cm tank (so you miss the first 300 positions), you don't have a dramatic layout copying a terrestrial landscape or an impossible perspective (you miss 300 positions more), your final picture is not taken by a pro with surface rippling, fish flying over the terrestrial landscape in a perfect position (you miss 200 more) and you don't have a cracking title for your tank (such as "the pale reflections of the mystic island shore by the twilight", just island shore? it sounds much too common, sorry you miss 200 more).... so congrats, you are in the top 305 world ranking of normal planted tanks! :p

Jordi

I just couldn't get the Phantoms to pose cooperatively at all, worse than herding cats!
Apparently they just put them in the tank minutes before the money shot to force them to gather together etc.. :cheers:

Back