• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Island scape

nigel bentley

Hi everyone,
I am considering rescaping this 100 gallon tank into an island type centre piece using pieces of bog wood and the central focus
Ideally, I would like to utilise my current plants and add some Monte Carlo.

I won't be doing this for a few months as I want to do some research first. Can anyone give me a a few pointers please or maybe suggest any books or videos?

Thanks in advance
Nigel

Attachments

• DSC_0672.JPG
    DSC_0672.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 454
Hello Nigel,

I’m currently looking into doing an island/mini pond style scape but I’ve never done one before either, so wasn’t sure how to go about it. I’ve found tutorials on YouTube to be quite useful in understanding how to contruct it and I kind of take bits I like from different videos, with the idea of using them in my own tank.

You can probably search “Island Aquascape tutorial” on YouTube and get a few different video tutorials. MD Fishtanks does loads of different aquascape types and I think he has a few island ones that might be worth checking out! 😊

I have an island scape. My advice would be to make the planting area around your driftwood “generous” so any stems you pick get enough light. My goal was to put crypts in the areas of lower light, but they end up actually shading the stems I want to really soak up the light.

Back