• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this safe?

Conort2

Hi,

Have just received a new aquarium and the tank sits on the cabinet with a overhang and is supported only by polystyrene base on the front edge. Is this safe or is this putting undue stress on the corners?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
Yep, mine does the same. Except I don't have any polystyrene overhang either. Quite a few people have asked similar questions as it's a little concerning 😬

Thankyou for the quick responses, I thought as much but needed some reassurance 😂

Me again! Just started to fill and have now noticed the following levelling issues. I have attached images showing the right and left side. As you can see it appears one side is leaning forwards more than the other, I’m assuming this can cause stress on the glass if this is not completely level? This on a five foot aquarium so i am more worried than I was with the 80cm aquarium that was there before. The aquarium rests on 8 feet to spread the load and also sits on the thick polystyrene shown in the earlier pictures.

cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    963.7 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
Luckily the stand has adjustable feet. The floor is so off it’s ridiculous. Wasn’t as noticeable with the smaller aquarium but with this one you can spot it a mile off. Looking almost level end to end now thank god, just got front to back to sort.

Seemed like a good idea getting a big aquarium 🙈 this is before I’ve even started planting the bloody thing lol.

To top it off it appears the stand is trying to lurch forwards, look at the angle on those feet. I’m removing the 100 or so litres of water I had in it. Any suggestions? Blocks of wood alongside the feet?

Attachments

• 3B490B3F-7275-4196-94E4-5137DA16A5F9.jpeg
    3B490B3F-7275-4196-94E4-5137DA16A5F9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 109
  • 69001823-F604-41F4-89FE-CC7A12B6DA21.jpeg
    69001823-F604-41F4-89FE-CC7A12B6DA21.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 124
Hi,
The tank appears in the last two photographs to be awfully high from the floor, can you not screw all of the feet all the way in, and then just screw out a couple of millimeters the appropriate feet to bring the tank level with equal pressure on all the feet, if this makes sense?
I would also pretty much empty the tank while doing this.
Cheers.

Back