• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this normal?

RudeDogg1

I have a jbl proflora regulator and 2 kg tank it's been running for about 5 weeks and the needle hasn't moved bellow 50psi all the time. Then Friday it went down 2 lines, yesterday 2 more and today it's just in the red zone is this normal? If so i was hoping 1 tank would last longer gonna let it go down till about 5 befor I swap to the full 1

RudeDogg1 said:
I have a jbl proflora regulator and 2 kg tank it's been running for about 5 weeks and the needle hasn't moved bellow 50psi all the time. Then Friday it went down 2 lines, yesterday 2 more and today it's just in the red zone is this normal? If so i was hoping 1 tank would last longer gonna let it go down till about 5 befor I swap to the full 1

Hi Rudedogg

Seems a little quick - but depends on your BPS rate - if you have a high rate of injection is sound about right, i'm currently on about 6 - 7 bps and a 2 kg of gas lasts me about 8 - 10 weeks. JBL regs do not dump gas (well mine don't), so if you want to - let the bottle empty its selve or if you are concerned change it out when it get to about 5 - i run mine till they are empty.

Think of it this way - if you hadn't spotted it tonight and looked tomorrow night the bottle would have been emptied - the thought "my god gas has gone quickly".

Regards
Paul.

What size tank is it on? Even at silly bubble rates, my 2kg cannister lasts me about 4-5 months+ on 2 foot tank, may well last much less on a larger tank.

Wander if It's cuz I turned the operating pressure to 2.5 bar when I first set my atomiser up maybe I should knock it down abit

Rudi

RudeDogg1 said:
It is 2.5 bar wether it's on or off I've turned it down to 2 now

I havn't tried to adjust mine - wouldn't know how too and wouldn't like to try it. Switch off my gauge shows 2 bar and when on its between 1 - 1.25 bar.

Regards
paul

It's just an Allen key screw easy. Odd it's never really changed if it's on or off the needles just flick as it switches on

im uber stressed at the mo I think my jbl regulator is fooked! come home today an the bubblecounter wasnt doing much i noticed the tank had emptied even more down in the red to about 10 (this has realy pished me off as its only lasted 5-6 weeks and cheapest refill Ive found down here is MA at £30 a pop!). so i decided to turn it up abit which didnt realy do much so thought id try it with out the glass bc and broke it trying to get the pipe off ffs! and still little to know joy the only way i could get it to work was turn it to full and turn the operating pressure up to 3 or more which i dont want. So I thought maybe the presure is to low so i tried my full tank and nothing not even when i turned the operating presure up to say im peed off would be an understatement! special as i dont even have any easy carbo. Does this indeed sound like the reg is foobered? if so is it a replacement jobbie or can they be serviced?

Last time I use West of England it cost 12.50 + vat for a 2kg refill, the only downside is they send them away and turn around is a week. If you need an empty Fe I have a couple, only located in South Molton.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Cool that's the kinda price I was hoping for do u know if they will refill a jbl tank? Really I used to live in molton well for a year down Raleigh mead. Thanks for the offer I have a spare full 2kg

Sorry I don't know only used Fe

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Flyfisherman said:
Rudi

I know Barnstable reasonably well - so I'm think on the industrial estate - Bideford / Instow side of the river Taw, found these:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... 5Lwftq5avw

http://bfs1.web.officelive.com/services.aspx

Here a thought - pop in the fire station opposite the vet at the bottom of the bank - that the bank you drop down from the hospital and ask where they get there refills from.

Regards
paul.

Thanks for the links the second one will refill for £8 and is only a 5 min walk from my house :0)

Back