• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this low light?

fz1ben

Hello guys

I have an eheim scubaline 125l same dimensions as a juwel rio I think

It has 2 24w t5s in the hood but I have a reflector on the underside of one of the tubes blocking the light.

would this class as low light? I have a co2 set up but I'd like to not use it if the lighting is low enough

Cheers

Hello, I would class that as good light especially with one blanked / covered. On a 6hr period should be ok. Can you remove the one and the other still run?

No they both need to be in to work using the reflector was the only thing I could think off

So you think that would be ok for low tech? I could always add some liquid carbon if I needed to ?

I have found that 2 x24watt t5 pretty powerfull to be honest before I went led I ran 2 of them over 2ft cube hightech running co2 dosing ei and growth was amazing. The same on the 80cmx40x40 I ran the same tubes staggered to reach across the tank. If I'd ran those tube for 6 hrs without good maintenance and co2 it would have been an algae farm.:) i did get problems lots of them. I would recommend maybe 5 hrs max to start and get some additional floating plants to reduce light further. How are things looking in the tank currently? I should have asked that earlier. Can you post a picture?

Just an idea. This was the ones I ran you can see by the colours how bright they were.
3bf46c57fc354282b88552930ba50712.jpg
2de2ab2a39526114f3139978da511208.jpg
91ea585c1389ca8077b8851f6bc3ffb4.jpg
forgot how much moss I had once :D

That tank looks amazing

Mines was doing ok and then I added co2 and left the lighting the same but started to get algae (bba)

20150105_185640_zps2c2olk1a.jpg

That was a about 6 days after adding the co2 most of the growth happened before. That's with 1 tube

I could look at getting a single t8 tube the length of the tank I suppose I just wanted to try and use what I have

When I was using the co2 the fish didn't look 100% happy even when the drop checker was only dark green.

The improvement I've seen in the fish in 3 days of not using it has made my mind up .... unless using it a very low levels would help

When I was using the co2 the fish didn't look 100% happy even when the drop checker was only dark green.

The improvement I've seen in the fish in 3 days of not using it has made my mind up .... unless using it a very low levels would help

Maybe your surface movement is really slow. You also can add in an aeration overnight to make a balance.

Reactions: tim
Do you think with this amount of light if I added really small amounts of co2 it would still help or would it cause more problems?

Back