• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this algae?

Daneland

Hello you guys
It is on my Anubias petite,no other plants have it.
125 lt
CO2 green lime
EI with aquariumplantfoods's starters kit
WC 50% weekly
I cant wipe it away.
I started gradually,plants growth is very well
If it is algae ,how can I get rid off it locally?

2015-07-06%2022.00.54.jpg

Looks like green spot algae, known widely on the internet as "GSA". Unfortunately, that's how a lot of anubias species end up in higher light tanks. Your best bet is to try to remove any effected leaves, up CO2 and flow, or shade the plant itself. It's also reputed that you can improve the situation with spot-dosed potassium phosphate.

up CO2 and flow

No need fot this. It´s a mistake. Plants do have diferent needs. And that babe doens´t need anything special to grow. Increasing an element that envolves all the tank to try fixing a single issue of a single plant doesn´t seem to be wiser cause than you´ll be altering all chemistry of the tank and in acordance taking unnecessary risks if all other are stable

Shade the plant as Henry said. If it´s beneith direct light those sintoms are normal.
Or try to put a wood upon her. Otherwise the problem will remain.

Best regards

My anubias got GSA when directly under the lights. Fixed by moving the anubias under the tank bracing bar so less light.

You can remove/kill the GSA by wiping (out of the tank) the leaves with slightly diluted liquid carbon. Don't leave on too long or else it will kill the leaves. If not remove the leaves and let new ones grow.

Thanks for replies,I have put in under the shade of need ferns.I hope that will help.

Back