• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is the Fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0 LED High, Medium or Low Light?

PARforVariousBulbs.jpg

Many thanks all. I had suspected the F&P was Med-High (at 100%). I run mine at 70% so I think I can safely assume I'm approaching Medium at least. I'd like to see more growth in my tank but I'm not sure whether to up the lights, up the ferts or both?!

Am I the only one who owns a PAR meter?

T. Barr suggested that people pool their pennies and as a group, purchase a low budget one. Then pass it around so that people can get a better idea of what's happening in their tanks and to hopefully produce similar charts for various brands/models of LEDs.

People are all too happy spending money on ridiculous test kits so they have no funds left over to afford an instrument that actually tells the truth. :thumbdown:

Cheers,

Well the problem is one of supply and demand. The only folks that buy the meters are mostly universities and researchers, which is a very small number.
There are lots of Klingons, so photon torpedoes and other megaton devices fly off the shelves, and this drives lower prices.

Cheers,

Back