• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is my CO2 running out?

TeaHausCanada

Hello from Canada! Hope everyone is healthy and well. Since I'm a real newby when it comes to CO2 just wondering if this is close to getting my tank refilled or am I ok for a bit? It's on a 5kg tank, FZone regulator, unfortunately, not a dual stage one. I've read that once I hit 500 on the left, I should refill. Any advice is appreciated.
C02.jpeg

Isnt that a bit risky with a single stage reg?
I use a single stage reg designed for industrial use (if that makes a difference) and always let mine completely run out before changing, I have yet to have any issues and lots of bottle changes. Could be an issue in rare cases with end of tank dump, but I really don't think it is a common occurrence at all.

As well as keeping an eye on the dials, the best thing to do when you get a refill and have connected the regulator, is to weigh the whole assembly, then as time passes weigh it again and replace before it gets totally empty.

Thanks for the insight/suggestions. I was only worried about the end-of-tank-dump for the livestock but it seems that that isn't too big of a worry even with a single-stage regulator. I like the idea of weighing a full tank. I'll wait it out and watch the dials. Thanks again

Back