• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

is anything wrong with my setup?

tovtm

not sure what info you need but I'm wondering mainly if I have enough light.

I have a 125ltr tank
2x38w T8 6" above water surface 7hrs a day
1400lthr external filter
dose EI on weekdays and 50% WC on weekend
temp 26-27deg
pressurized CO2 to green when lights on and turns off two hrs before lights off

I only ask this as I've had a planted tank for over a year and would exspect to see lush green plants like some I order from others on here but mine are more darker and never really seen fast growth

co2 is a pressurized co2 DIY fire extinguisher run on a solenoid to come of two hours before lights on and go off two hours before lights turn off. it goes into one of the inline up atomizers then a spray bar is fitted which runs the whole 4ft of the tank (minus a few inces either side. it sits about 1/2" to 3/4" away from surface of water and sprays horizontally towards front of tank with minimal surface movement.

I would like to say now before anyway says why didn't you mention that is I have a 3d background which I know is a flow killer but it's there from start of the tank and as I don't have another tank to rehouse fish it can't come out.

your setup seems ok

do you have any algae issues?

slow growth is good!

only thing I would say is that 1400l/hr going out of a spray bar 100cm long would possibly weaken the flow - its needs to not only hit the front glass but also push the water down to the substrate

I have a very tiny bit of black Algue on a few leaves (BMA is it called?) but thats recent down to be being on holiday and not being able to do WC's slow growth is good I sopose but tying to thicken out my tank with cuttings and fast growth would be good right now lol also it's the nice lush looking green I'm after like new stems type of green

would I be better slightly angling the spray bar down?

just ensure that the flow hits the front glass and goes down

if the flow is too weak then cover up some holes on the spray bar

also minimize surface movement to minimize loss of co2

you can then tweak the co2, add a little bit more each week and see if the plants look better, if they dont then you don't have a co2 issue

pictures of your plants would help, your tank sounds like it's running fine, just not to your expectation

Back