• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ipad HDMI output

Anyone know which cable I need to output netflix from an ipad to an HDTV? There seems to be a myriad of different cables out there. Preferably one that doesn't have apple pulling my pants down with grossly inflated prices.

You would need a Digital AV addapter an Apple Mini Display port to HDMI addapter or an Apple Dock Connector to HDMI HDTV 1080p Cable adapter. And go on with an HDMI cable to the HDTV for example. Depending on the age and model of your device. Some adapters come non apple aftermarket and are relatively cheap, probably only the newer stuff, for older generations you might be stuck with Apple store prices or lucky someone still has it laying on the shelf. That's the strangest thing in the digital world old (new old stock) stuff is usualy more expensive then new stuff.

Hi all,
Preferably one that doesn't have apple pulling my pants down with grossly inflated prices.
I think it depends on the IPAD port, if it is an older style connector your fine and can get a non Apple one.

If it is a newer "Lightning" connector Apple may be your best option for HDMI. If you don't have to use HDMI you may be able to get a cheaper connector.

About 18 months ago I had to buy a whole series of "Lightning" IPAD to HDMI cables and male HDMI - HDMI (to connect IPADS to projectors where a wireless connection (AppleTV) wasn't available). I had to buy Apple branded Lightning to HDMI cables and they were a ridiculous ~£40 each.

The 2 metre long HDMI - HDMI cables were less than £10 each for good quality braided ones.

cheers Darrel

Just been reliably informed off my daughter that its an Ipad mini the first version if that has any bearing on it? I'm not a total technophobe btw, I just don't do Apple products. Anything I use just seems to be less restrictive and costs half the price.

Hi all,
Just been reliably informed off my daughter that its an Ipad mini the first version if that has any bearing on it?
Have a look a the charging cable, the lightning cable has a very small end (below).
iXCC-Lightning-Charger-iPhone-Display.jpg

The older IPADS had a "30 pin connector"
GenuineApple30PINCableDigitalSave.jpg

I'm not a total technophobe btw, I just don't do Apple products. Anything I use just seems to be less restrictive and costs half the price
We have a cupboard with thousands of pounds worth of different adapters for Macbooks, IPADS etc to connect to projectors etc. For every new product you need a new adapter.

cheers Darrel

I guess your best chances are ebay and filter on free shipping, then you'll get auto redirected to chinabay.. Do'nt worry about chinabay when it's about cables.. The difference about high end cables and lesser is barely noticable on screen, you need about an hawks eye to see it. And i guess your not planning to watch 3D movies via your flintstone ipad mini..

Back