• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Intruder! Who is this guy!

Phil63

Hi guys, I'm wondering if one of you gurus can help my identity this fish. I have no idea how he got in there but here he is! I keep seeing him appear once in a while over the last 3 weeks but he's very reclusive. Spotted him again tonight so grabbed a picture! I think it might be a danio. Any ideas?
IMG_20170807_193612.jpg

Hi guys, I'm wondering if one of you gurus can help my identity this fish. I have no idea how he got in there but here he is! I keep seeing him appear once in a while over the last 3 weeks but he's very reclusive. Spotted him again tonight so grabbed a picture! I think it might be a danio. Any ideas? View attachment 109606
Hi Phil,

Love these guys. It is a Danio erythromicron or emerald dwarf rasbora.
Had some before now and they were awesome as a group of around 8 to 10

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

And yes very shy too. I wonder if a large group of them would help get them more confident?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thanks chap, he must have come in with one of the other fish. Unfortunately I can't add any more fish at the moment so hopefully he'll make friends with some of the others

Thanks chap, he must have come in with one of the other fish. Unfortunately I can't add any more fish at the moment so hopefully he'll make friends with some of the others

you may be best returning him if you can, these types of fish tend to fade away and die in the absence of a shoal; but you never know :)

Back