• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Introducing scuds ( Hyalella azteca) to snail tank.

Konsa

Hello
As per title thinking of culturing some scuds for my Asellus puffers to provide some diet variety.
Will it be good idea to introduce them to my snail breeding planted tank (modified Betta duo)as I read that they may eat the plants and even the snails.
The tank is heavily fed on daily basis and there is plenty of debris for the scuds to feed of.
My idea is to use them as cleaning crew to help break the snails waste as thay are messy with that much food.My worries are about the baby snails and plants
Any advice highly welcome
Regards Konstantin

Hi all,
Will it be good idea to introduce them to my snail breeding planted tank (modified Betta duo) as I read that they may eat the plants and even the snails.
I haven't kept Hyalella (they don't enjoy soft water), but I think they are <"pretty omnivorous">, and the (relatively) closely related <"Dikerogammarus"> is the "Killer shrimp" .

I have both <"Asellus aquaticus"> and <"Crangonyx pseudogracilis"> and they are plant (and snail) safe. You are more than welcome to a starter pack of these.

cheers Darrel

Thank you Darrel.
Will do a bit of reading on them and finish decorating here.Once I manage to put all tanks back in place will pm .
Regards Konsa

Back