• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Internal filter with overflow inlet?

Is there a specific reason you want an internal rather than HOB filter? In HOB types a Seachem Tidal ticks all of your requirements except the heater space, or an Oase Biostyle which ticks all of your boxes except the skimmer.

If that's a primary concern then, the Seachem Tidal has an inbuilt skimmer section as I say:

1664443632684.png

If that's a primary concern then, the Seachem Tidal has an inbuilt skimmer section as I say:

View attachment 194978

I second @Wookii - I own 4 Tidal 35 (two in each of my tanks). I am really happy with them (low/no noise, low & easy maintenance, the separate filter media basket is just big enough for everything I need) . The surface skimmer is very weak though (wont suck up even small floating plants such as duckweed - which is a good thing :) ), but seems just strong enough to keep surface film off. The larger models (Tidal 55 and up) are indeed equipped with an optional heater holder that keeps everything neat. An option worth considering if it makes sense for your tank size and space around the tank.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
I second @Wookii - I own 4 Tidal 35 (two in each of my tanks). I am really happy with them (low/no noise, low & easy maintenance, the separate filter media basket is just big enough for everything I need) . The surface skimmer is very weak though (wont suck up even small floating plants such as duckweed - which is a good thing :) ), but seems just strong enough to keep surface film off. The larger models (Tidal 55 and up) are indeed equipped with an optional heater holder that keeps everything neat. An option worth considering if it makes sense for your tank size and space around the tank.

Cheers,
Michael
I was wondering about how strong the skimmer is. Would be nice if you could adjust the balance between skimmer and main inlet.

Any other options around? The looks pretty good but no heater and quite large for a 30cm cube.

Thanks

Back