• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Interested in FE

Possessed200

Before i jump into FE's (Fire extinguishers). I would like to know the pro's and con's. I have read the guides but im still not certain.

I mean what's the difference between say a FE and a shop bought kit? For example this:

JBL-co2-m1003-2.jpg

It looks like a FE, but is it more safe, and why? Like why shell out for this when a FE is cheaper and looks a bit like this?

I'm very confused.

Imo when it comes to aquatic equipment thats what you pay for, you pay a premium for kit thats labeled aquarium a fire extinguisher is a much cheaper way to go for what is pretty much the same thing

Thats just my opinion im sure others will give there views

That kit in your pic is a rip off and no safer than a fe it costs around £350 and consists of cheap components also the refils are expensive. Lots of things for aquariums are heavily overpriced and that kit is one of the worst
Pub co2 is cheapest option but people generally use fe because it fits inside cabinet

So really there is no "major" difference between a shop bought kit and a FE (with own bought components?)

As far as I can make out the only potential major difference is the price, for what some of the aquatic co2 setups cost you can buy a fe a good regulator and you have a wide choice of diffusers etc

In short you get a whole lot more for your money when you go the "diy" route

Back