• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Intake strainer

BB6FD583-3F15-4CFC-8565-5E29FF104A5E.jpeg
I received a stainless intake/outlet set today and the submerged intake had rather large slots. Easily big enough to suck in some of my juvenile shrimps. Luckily I saw a YouTube video the other day of a guy making his own intake strainers from stainless steel mesh so I ordered some. The size used in the video was #28 but I went for a finer #30 mesh and this seems pretty good. How well it works remains to be seen. I may need to make something a big bigger but it will hopefully suffice for now. The mesh is simply held in place with a couple of cable ties.

Hi all,
the submerged intake had rather large slots. Easily big enough to suck in some of my juvenile shrimps. Luckily I saw a YouTube video the other day of a guy making his own intake strainers from stainless steel mesh so I ordered some
That is a smart job. My problem is that even after I'd bought that really lovely stainless steel intake I wouldn't be able to resist sticking a big ugly sponge pre-filter over it.

cheers Darrel

Back