• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline Diffuser (Which way round?)

Just purchased an inline atomiser. Just wondering which way round people have these or if it matters and should the chamber be full of water?

On the box it came in the back shows the co2 inlet being as the water exits the unit but on co2 art website the setup guide shows co2 inlet on the side water enters the unit! Thought I'd have a quick look at some youtube videos and some people have them one way and some the other, does it not matter? When I first set mine up I had co2 on the exit and it didn't appear to work although I probably didn't give it enough time to be fair so I swapped it to the inlet and it started right away.

Also, I noticed on some of these videos they were showing the bubbles mixing with water inside the chamber, mine is empty other than what appears to be condensation. Is this normal?

I'm not sure if it matters which way round it is. I've always had mine so the CO2 enters at the top. See image below, water flow arrows in blue.
inline-atomizer-diffuser-tubing.jpg

Strange, mines the other way. Does yours fill with water?

Last edited:

Attachments

• co2setup.jpg
    co2setup.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 397
Strange, mines the other way. Does yours fill with water?
Difficult to tell as it's in my sump. My drop checker showing green and the plants are pearling so I'm guessing it's putting CO2 in.
Would be interested to find out if it actually matters which way it goes.

Dont really think it matters which way round it goes.I have always put em with the co2 conector to the top because its easier to connect the co2 tube this way.
once you turn your co2 on it should push the water from the outer chamber of your diffuser, if it doesnt you need to increase the co2 pressure on your regulator.

If you run it the other way up, water can run down you CO2 tube which is not ideal. Mine is run as in the photo.

Do you see the 45° angle :) at the co2 inlet connection. I guess it's like any 45° T in a tube that these are as usualy installed in the flow derection not to resctrict flow.
So actualy as the picture shows it's installed against the flow direction.. I see no other reason why else they would give it a 45° angle.. But probably this is just very minor flow restriction and as Ain_m says, if installing the other way prevents water running down the tube when placed verticaly inline why not take advantage of that.
When placed horizontaly inline you could take flow direction in account and make it point upwards to prevent water from flowing in. :)

Back