• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline Diffuser Return Position

Jasonm

Still getting to grips with this so bear with me if i'm barking up the wrong tree..

I'm switching to an inline C02 Art diffuser, my tank is a 44g Fluval Shaker with a 407 Canister filter, the return has 2 x duck bills which i currently point upwards to agitate the surface,but i do still get good flow around the tank, if i keep them pointed at the surface will i lose a portion of C02 when i have an inline diffuser...?

Yes, I suspect you will. I’m a fan of having the outlet pipe deeper under water to increase the contact time and creating surface agitation and increased flow with a separate pump.

Yes, I suspect you will. I’m a fan of having the outlet pipe deeper under water to increase the contact time and creating surface agitation and increased flow with a separate
So could face them downwards and use a separate powerhead for agitation...?

As far as I understand part of getting a successful CO2 injection is having enough gaseous exchange, so yes, you lose some CO2, but for the best results you kind of have to.

This video that was linked on the forum recently explains the concept very well Ive found, maybe it is of use to you as well

Back