• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline diffuser fixing

roryf

Hi,

Just fitted the JBL inline atomiser into my 100 galling tank, however I struggled to fix it upright so the atomiser is sideways, will this effect the performance?

image.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Yes and no.

You will find water will seep its way through the ceramic and into the space when CO2 is off and in your orientation will drain into the CO2 tube. When CO2 comes on the water is soon pushed away.

So I would put an upward loop in the CO2 tube to stop water draining into it and observe all is OK.

I would still make the CO2 go upwards as I find odd drops of water sometimes working their way past the check valves.

thanks for the replies, I will probably try and fix it upwards tomorrow morning. seem to be getting larger co2 bubbles collect at the outlet side where it meets the tubing, then obviously as the bubble size increases it goes up into the tank, but de-gases almost instantly.

Mine is the same as, brand and position. So far no issues.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

im running about 12bps on my tank and seem to be getting quite a few larger bubbles coming out of the outlet and straight out the top. got a 4000L/hour pump too. Do you not get any larger bubbles?

I use a sera 1000 CO2 reactor, both diffuser and reactor are after an Eheim 2075 filter. I get 100% dissolution.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back