• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

inline diffuser advice

kschyff

Hello all. I have recently bought two CO2 Art inline diffusers and although they work great I notice that my bubble count has to be increased to get the dropcheckers lime green. Did I perhaps install the wrong around or incorrectly. A fine mist covers the whole tank so its not flow related. Currently the CO2 inlet is on the end closest to the outflow towards the outflow lily pipe. I used the pamphlet that came with it as a guide. Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I was under the impression that I should use CO2 more efficiently with an inline.

If you set it up as the pamphlet says then I'd be looking for a leak as the most obvious cause if everything else remains unchanged; squirt soapy water on all the connections and look for bubbles being created whist the CO2 is on for starters.
I'm making an assumption you're using everything else the same including the bubble counter, not all bubbles are the same size.

I notice that my bubble count has to be increased to get the dropcheckers lime green.

The BPS is only an indication of the injection rate and not the amount of CO2 being used, the BPS varies from atomiser to atomiser to diffuser.

Currently the CO2 inlet is on the end closest to the outflow towards the outflow lily pipe.

the further away from the outlet the better as when the bubbles are in the hose they cant escape to the atmosphere, although in practice probably makes little difference unless you have really long hoses/pipes.

A fine mist covers the whole tank so its not flow related

The '7 up' appearance of CO2 injection when CO2 reactors are not used, a fine mist everywhere is a good, although not aesthetically pleasing.

I was under the impression that I should use CO2 more efficiently with an inline.

Correct, as the bubbles are in the outlet flow so get pushed a round all the tank, 'intank' atomisers need careful placement so the flow catches them and all it takes is for an outlet/powerhead/skimmer/atomiser to be placed in a slightly different position and the CO2 bubbles can miss the current go straight to surface and escape.
I 'much' prefer CO2 reactors as a bubbles free tank (except for pearling) always look better as with atomisers and inline diffusers the tank will only look its best once CO2 is off, although the flow of the bubbles is useful aid to check the flow/tank turn over

Back