• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline CO2 before chiller

Luketendo

Hey - unlikely scenario for the UK I know but with temps in tropical Australia starting to ramp up and tank temps of 28 C+ already I have purchased a chiller.

Just wondering if anybody has run inline CO2 before a chiller before and whether it could damage the chiller. I have seen some threads mention that running it before an external canister can theoretically degrade o-rings and seal etc but never seen anything about chillers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

You would need to know what any seals, o rings, and internal tubing was made of. As you know so plastics and rubbers degrade in the presence of CO2

You would need to know what any seals, o rings, and internal tubing was made of. As you know so plastics and rubbers degrade in the presence of CO2

Maybe I'll just rig up the CO2 after the chiller then. Won't make much difference aesthetically I guess since the chiller will already be outside the cabinet. Removes any doubt.

Back