• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inject co2 ?

eminor

Hello, i know that atmospheric co2 is really high but what if i inject co2 in the emersed tank (co2 tubing in the air), will plant grow even faster ? thx

1649700104150.png

It depends upon the species. The photographs above are from a classical experiment on terrestrial tree species that has been repeated many times. I have seen it done in hydroponics rooms too.

View attachment 186435
It depends upon the species. The photographs above are from a classical experiment on terrestrial tree species that has been repeated many times. I have seen it done in hydroponics rooms too.

that's some massive difference, must be different to inject than in water, there is near no way to saturate it ?

Like on Mammoth Mountain, it kills plants when toxic levels are reached. Few studies exist, but one put the value at 10,000 ppm for maize and other crops.
Most hydroponic growers say the limit is 2,000 ppm, and they will rarely target beyond 1,500 ppm because it stresses the plants too much.
600 to 1,000 ppm is quite common for indoors living spaces. Outdoors, roads will often reach 750 ppm in heavy traffic and cities can reach 1,000 ppm periodically.
My building has very poor ventilation and I am sure I regularly exceed 5,000 ppm in some rooms. With indoors livestock farming it is a major issue.
There might not be any need to worry about enrichment if you have high ambient levels.

Comercial growers use CO2 injection when growing crops/flowers, I'm not sure of the concentrations.

Back