• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ideas for substrate seperators...

That's a good idea. I use clear acrylic cut up to size. Bendy but solid enough.

I cut strips from a brown plastic punnet from Sainsburys that came filled with mushrooms. It worked really well. The mushrooms were good too.

I used square black plastic nursery plant pots, they come in all kind of sizes.. And cut pieces out i can use.. They are awfully cheap and available at every garden centre. And i bet if you sometimes buy houseplants and or buy garden plants you got them already, if you didn't throw them away.. So i did, already gathered a huge collection over the years stacked in the corner behind my garden shed. :)

look for 3mm corex board or similar, used by sign makers and you can often get off cuts from them, can be cut with stanley knife and is flexible in one direction so you can make a curve horizontally while it retains its stiffness vertically. different colours available as well

These cut up also work well....
upload_2017-11-3_20-39-58-png.111027

Obviously drink the milk first :rolleyes:
I'm assuming there should be a picture of a milk container! - normally it's my pictures which don't show up.

look for 3mm corex board or similar
I've got some 'samples' of correx and a couple of other brands coming in the post but just wondered if anyone else has used them - someone mentioned this is what TGM sell as substrate supports but unsure on type of plastic it is and whether it's fish safe.

Back