• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ideas for empty tank (80lt)

chrisfraser05

I'm going to be moving all my stock into my new 300lt when I get it all up and running but I want to do something with the 80lt once its done.

its 24" long, 12" deep and 18" high.

Currently it has gravel and plants but I'm totally open to ideas for both stock and style.

I have an external eheim ecco and 36w of flouescent lighting on it but can reduce the lighting if needed (two 11w's and a 14 on it).

I wondered if I should just leave all the plants in and use it soley for a school of neons or wether I should go minimalistic and use sand and a few other fish...

Really the worlds my oyster with it.

The only thing I don't think I am going to use is CO2 as I am going to be making the 300lt High tech planted so this one will be lower maint.

Also with 4 tanks and 10 rabbits I don't want to go high tech on more than one tank lol.

Cost won't really be a problem but the simpler and cheaper the idea the better as it means more money in the pot for fish.

Thanks in advance for ideas, chris

I had thought about it but I'm really not sure. I had also thought of maybe a small vivarium?!?!

Go for a vivarium, get vampire crabs and sell me the offspring. I think there's a lot of potential in them, they're fascinating to boot.

fire belied toads leave loads of options open, they would be happy with any mix of land or water, and there cheap.

nice size for a grow tank, its pricy planting a 300l so you could use the 80l to grow some plants in the mean time to save some £££ :?:

I would do emmersed plants only, either on clay balls, or on small pots. Get a fogger, set it up on a timer and you will be able to grow most plants you need. Also, emmersed plants grow faster, so you can use it to grow stock for your high tech tank.

some great suggestions here.

I think I've decided against the vivarium on account of wanting to lower the maintainance of the tank.

I'm currently growing in alot of stuff for the 300 in it for when I get round to setting the 300 up (i'm in afghanistan till nov) so it will be pretty bare once I move everything lol.

Still tempted to go for a pair of chichlids and sand lol

chrisfraser05 said:
some great suggestions here.

I think I've decided against the vivarium on account of wanting to lower the maintainance of the tank.

I'm currently growing in alot of stuff for the 300 in it for when I get round to setting the 300 up (i'm in afghanistan till nov) so it will be pretty bare once I move everything lol.

Still tempted to go for a pair of chichlids and sand lol

For really low maintenance a pair of Kribs would be good enough.

Have had a little read up about Kribs and they seem like the fish to have :)

My only thoughts are that I fancied a couple of bright fish and the pics of the kribs I've seen seem a little dull :(

I would like to get a breeding pair as my friend runs a fish store and would be happy to take fish from me.

Thanks for the idea guys!!!

Back