• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID

Joecoral

Can someone/anyone ID the plant circled in red please?
hmm.jpg

Thanks
Joe

Looks a lot like Staurogyne sp. a new species from Tropica. Hard to say for certain from that photo though.

Staurogyne haas the same shape, colour and growth pattern, so if that's what you're after then it will fit the job nicely, even if it isn't that species in the photo.

I have just started growing Staurogyne myself, and pretty much agree with George (I doubt if there are many that know Staurogyne better than George).

The grassy foreground will either be Eleocharis acicularis or E. parvula. It has been very neatly mown.

Dave.

It could be UG, but mine has never grown that upright. Having said that, the plant in this tanks foreground is fairly dense, maybe forcing it upwards.

UG is probably my fave plant at the moment.

Dave.

Doesn't look like UG to me. Never seen UG grow that straight or that fine. I'd go go dwarf hairgrass.

The other plant could be Staurogyne or possibly Hygrophila sp. Porto Velho (dwarf hygro). Hard to see without a close up.

James

JAmesM said:
Who's tank is that mate?

Belongs to a guy named Ghazanfar Ghori on APC, no journal for the tank, just a picture in the plants for sale section that I spotted

Dave Spencer said:
The grassy foreground will either be Eleocharis acicularis or E. parvula. It has been very neatly mown.

Dave.

That was my guess too

George Farmer said:
Staurogyne haas the same shape, colour and growth pattern, so if that's what you're after then it will fit the job nicely, even if it isn't that species in the photo.

Thanks George, just what I wanted to hear, seems like I'll be going with Staurogyne for the new set up then

Thanks to all who gave input
Joe

Back