• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I'd this cryptocoryne?

I've just ordered some(above picture) had to pay £24 lol

I'll send you some once it arrives mate

I think you can be sure, this is C. aponogetifolia.
Leaf-plate is more "hammered" and colour is somewhat more transparent green, then any of the C. usteriana variations would have.
It's a vigorous grower, very willingly sending out runners, when it likes the tank environments......which can be seen on photo, too.

Don't panic if a lot of leaves "melt" when you plant your C. aponogetifolia in its new environment. If roots are fair size, just remove the melting leaves at base, and wait for new leaves to grow.
- Good luck and congratulations....it's a wonderfull (and quite easy) plant :thumbup:

P.S.
One of the C. usteriana variations have pretty much all green leaves; no red underside. But the two others are easily different from C aponogetifolia, by very burgundy-red undersides of leaves.
In the past C. usteriana and C. aponogetifolia have been "mixed up", which doesn't make older descriptions reliable.

Thanks guys....... I'll post some pics when it arrives

Back