• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IAPLC 523 - Mighty Bush

Mark Green

Hi all, I decided to start a new scape back in November last year, its currently 3 months old.
Here are a couple of pictures showing how it starting and how it looks today.
Some specs:

Tank- 60x30x36
Lighting - Arcadia Lighting system
Filter - Tetra Tec Ex1200
Substrate - Ada Amazonia
Hardscape – Hard Wood
Pressurised C02 – Up line diffuser
Ferts - Dry ferts

4ylu.jpg

n8fz.jpg

Day 1:
qis5.jpg

After 2 months:

fapq.jpg

ac0q.jpg

How it looks today:
oxei.jpg

urob.jpg

Thx for looking

Attachments

• 4ylu.jpg
    4ylu.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 218
Very nice mark. Disceptive too

The way you have scaped it you would think it's a bigger a tank imo.

Beautiful. Definitely managed to work with the size really well.

Thx to everyone for the great response.
Im really happy with how the space was used in this 60cm, managed to get hold of some good hardwood wood and used 4 pieces to fill things out.

Lovely island scape mark, will look exceptional once those red stems show there selves more.

The red plant is limnophila hippuroides grows soooo slow, well it has for me so far.

Cheers :thumbup:

Really well done mark, really well done!

Reminds me a little of Norbert Sabats 'ghosts' in its early stages.

Reactions: tim
Really well done mark, really well done!

Reminds me a little of Norbert Sabats 'ghosts' in its early stages.

Thx for the kind words Ian, ive followed your scapes and think your up there with the best on ukaps. So your opinion means a lot to a budding aquascaper:thumbup:

Just checked out Norbert Sabats 'ghosts' nice scape. My original thought was to have the sand at the front, can still go back to it but decided on letting the glossostigma elatinoides grow across the sand.

Thanks for the kind words!

It would be good to see it without the glosso across the front. It's a winner though, with or without.

Have you thought about entering it into the iaplc?

It would be good to see it without the glosso across the front. It's a winner though, with or without.

Have you thought about entering it into the iaplc?​
May try the sand again before I take this down​
Will see how things look in 2 months time before deciding on iaplc. When is the closing date?​

Reactions: tim
Scaping a tank that size and achieving such a great sense of depth and breadth is no mean feat - excellent photography aside...simply inspirational...

the last picture is just - wow

This is my fav also, this is the view from my computer desk.

Scaping a tank that size and achieving such a great sense of depth and breadth is no mean feat - excellent photography aside...simply inspirational...

Im really happy with how this turned out, its not so easy at maintenance time as the hard scape makes things a little difficult getting in those nooks and crannies.

Thanks for the comment on the photography, its the first time I've used a dslr, it would of been better to get light behind the tank but their is no room. So front and above lighting is my only option.

Cheers

Back