• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IAPLC 2017

No, I haven't entered...maybe next year, just for the heck of it;)

The enchanted forest type diorama in a super large aquarium seemed to go down well 2016 (20 out of the top 27), maybe that's the way forward 2018 as well if you want to score highly...I guess we'll find out soon enough once the 2017 winners are known.

But my favourite from 2016 is a nature aquarium, which now seems to be the exception to the rule. Maybe the concept still has some milage left in it yet:)

0003_pc.jpg

World Ranking 0003
Title: “The Rest of the Dream”
Junichi Itakura
JAPAN
Aquarium Size/W180×D60×H60(cm)

Tell me about it. I want to enter but not sure what type to do. Its also the lack of hardscape too.

Aint all the top ranking have 4ft tank? That means if you want to score high tim you need to upgrade ;)

If you want to place not in the top 20, you can still do it with a smaller tank!

No, I haven't entered...maybe next year, just for the heck of it;)

The enchanted forest type diorama in a super large aquarium seemed to go down well 2016 (20 out of the top 27), maybe that's the way forward 2018 as well if you want to score highly...I guess we'll find out soon enough once the 2017 winners are known.

But my favourite from 2016 is a nature aquarium, which now seems to be the exception to the rule. Maybe the concept still has some milage left in it yet:)

View attachment 108882
World Ranking 0003
Title: “The Rest of the Dream”
Junichi Itakura
JAPAN
Aquarium Size/W180×D60×H60(cm)

Lot's of people me included were perplexed by the ranking of this scape. Don't get me wrong it's a terrific and clean scape but some that placed above in had it beat when it come to artistic expression, composition detail and imagination by a large margin.
Like these masterpieces.

0009_pc.jpg

Yoyo Prayogi and Yosh Sim have been some of my favourite scaper and it's going to be interesting to see their no1 and no3 scape from this year.

41q3nT

Back