• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

IAPLC 2014 results - updated page 1

Disappointing! was expecting somewhere around 50-100range.

But it turned out to be..

hugely surprised...I thought your effort was a work of art, perhaps they did not fully get the strangling fig vibe, we get a similar fig species here so appreciated the great replica..

Hi all, congrats to all, looking forward to see all scapes.
my rank :
2wppiyg.jpg

My biggest surprise was No. 14. I don't understand why it ranked so high. And it won the special jury prize. I just don't get it. Look out for it.

NA Part was terrific, the streaming yesterday worked perfect for me.

Here's No.1

1969323_994342730591760_322892385184326924_n_zpscc871bb1.jpg
It is a very good and original idea. Well executed. It does however contradict the grading criteria in IAPLC, especially the new ones.
It is only normal for a business contest to pass the top score to the top WOW front picture.
I wonder if IAPLC will ever consider what the contest aquariums look like in reality, for it seems all they care about is a collection of a cool front shots.
I am yet to see any scape with the large hardscape elements on the very front to look good for e real live view.

Any way. Congrats to all of us, the winners...🙂

link to the top 27.......... http://peha68.pl/iaplc-2014-top-27/

My biggest surprise was No. 14. I don't understand why it ranked so high. And it won the special jury prize. I just don't get it. Look out for it.

NA Part was terrific, the streaming yesterday worked perfect for me.

when you look at Piotr Dymowski #45 above is pure class the detail is amazing.

Number 14 is a nice, however who in their right mind thought it was better than Piotr Dymowski #45.

50th Before the Creation of Adam by @keymaker Balázs Farkas from Green Aqua / Hungary

Some may will criticize the minimalism and the fake background, but you can't be a winner til you came up with something new.

Journal....

http://akvakertesz.hu/threads/before-the-creation-of-adam-ahogyan-készült-út-az-iaplc-2014-ig.4987/

Final shoot

12799206145_bebcb98e1f_b.jpg
Before the Creation of Adam - by Keymaker IAPLC 2014 rank 50th, GAPLC 2014 3rd
by viktorlantos, on Flickr

Piotr Dymowski #45

loving this so much! :thumbup:

The winning scape has the wow factor, I think it deserves its place for that, what I don't like is the front symmetry, it makes it unnatural. It would've looked even better without one of the pillars. 🙂

Back