• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ian's 80cm (Chocolate gourami!)

Re: Ian's 80cm (Planted on Page 2)

here's a quick pic from tonight, with a back light in the cabinet.

day3.jpg

even though they are only 25w T8's it seems to be pearling really quickly!

With having the mature filter on and daily (large) water changes, i went down to MA tonight and picked up something a little different. I was a bit fed up with the norm Tetras, so went for a small school of these...

becks1.jpg

becks2.jpg

they look freakin awesome! They behave very different too.

Great Choice, they are gonna to really suit the scaping and feel of openess you are going for. lovely way of swimming they have.

Great Choice, they are gonna to really suit the scaping and feel of openess you are going for. lovely way of swimming they have.

They are a bit different, they show some real strange behaiour as well, the males are quite territorial and swim together circling each other. Thanks Gill.

Looks pukka Ian. Real smart.

Keep up the maintenance, and your onto a winner

Thank you Mark, i quite enjoy daily water changes, sad i know! lol

Here's a pic from my viewpoint in the lounge.

veiw.jpg

Advice needed guys...

I have ordered some Ranunculus inundatus, i'm going to add some around the rocks. I'm unsure whether to add some running across the back?? What do you lot think?

Re: Ian's 80cm (Question on page 3)

Great tank man! Yeah i think you should add some at the back, just slightly running behind the HC. Just to break up the lines a bit 🙂

Respect on the Kasabian album! They are so good, constantly reinventing their sound 🙂

Re: Ian's 80cm (HC melting page 3)

Thanks ElectricBlue for the comment, Kasabian have done well with this album IMO.

The Ranunculus inundatus arrived this morning, i have planted it across the back and it does add something a little different. It's a quirky little plant isn't it!
My HC is melting as well, it is starting to get it's new leaves though, so alls good. The stems are also melting, i'm going to try and stick with em after some advice from Mark. I have also added some cherry shrimp...
one of the Cherries
cherry1.jpg

the HC melt
cherry2.jpg

Ranunculus
cherry3.jpg

and along the back
cherry4.jpg

Re: Ian's 80cm (melting HC!)

sorry for the spam lol

heres a vid of the Pencilfish

Quick update...

I'm now dow to 4 Pencilfish! (jumpers)

Some Espei added.

The HC doesn't seem to be doing much, it's melted and taken it's submerged form, and doesn't seem to want to spread! I have upped the gas and flow is excellent.

The Alternanthera Rosaefolia 'mini', completely melted within 2 days. I left it alone and 2 weeks later, it starts to sprout. I have trimmed it right down...it has kept it's redness well.

tank2.jpg

Not much change on a FTS lol!

tank3-1.jpg

could do with some advice guys...

This HC seems to be struggling a little. t looks really healthy (in greenness), but it becoming a little leggy (good flow around the substrate).

The only changes from the last HC carpet i did is...a new tank (obviously), RO water, soil substrate, T8 lighting (same wattage, smaller tank, not as deep as the Trigon).

I'm not sure if i'm being impatient, or the HC is gonna struggle?

here's some pics

grhc.jpg

grhc2.jpg

there is some new growth

grhc3.jpg

grhc4.jpg

Re: Ian's 80cm (HC question, P4??)

Yes you're being impatient. Just keep trimming the HC. You can replant the bits if you've got tweezers. The leaves still have to transition.

Cheers,

haha thanks Clive, that makes me feel a bit better.

Yeah, hang in there bud. It'll come good soon. We know you can do it, so just keep up the maintaince and you'll be fine. :thumbup:

I have upped the photoperiod (7 hours) and the gas, and i think we have take off!

Thanks for the advice guys.

yes1.jpg

the moss is also taking off

yes2.jpg

FTS (strange exposure)

yes3.jpg

also, a group of Gouramis have been added.

This will look great mate. Well done.

Picolax day tomorrow bud ...speak tomorrow.

Thanks Mark! Got the text mate...remember to keep drinking the water.

How do you rate the co2 atomiser? I was thinking of getting one.

I really like them, the only reason i'm using one of these rather than an inline is that i don't have a lot of room at the back. I am on my second one though as the seal went on the last one after a couple of months. I ordered a couple from ebay for £12 rather than paying £12 for one.

Re: Ian's 80cm (Hc gone, got moss)

I have removed the remaining HC, it just wasn't doing. It melted again and came back to nothing. I don't know what to blame...light, RO water??!!

anyway a few days ago, i have added some xmas moss as a carpet. I have also moved the Ranunculus from the back and placed more around the rock. Blyxa added accross the back, which i think looks better. Am pleased with the A Rosaefolia Mini, it's keeping its colour and starting to grow well.

some pics...

FTS

blyx123.jpg

Pregnant Cherry

blyx12.jpg

Gourami

blyx1234.jpg

Back