• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I need a plant but I'm not sure what...

Aeropars

firstly, here's my tank:

fish_003.sized.jpg

I'm looking from something a little bigger than E. Tenillius but smaler than crypt wendtii to blend from the midground to the forground.

I'm pretty certain the glosso is going and will be replaced by HC or something slower growing with less demands so with this in mind i'm looking for something thats relativly low maintenance and will do for a long lasting scape.

Any suggestions?

Yes, where are you hoping to position the plant in the picture above.
First thing that come to my mind for your scape, perhaps not the right thing your after si, Blyxia Japonica, not exactly smaller than C.wenditti. I havnt had any experiance of it either.
Or U.Grammifola ( how ever you spell it ) thats proberbly a good choice actualy, even try a taller grass plant like the Blyxa or Eleocharis ''parvula'' .

Graeme.

I recommend blyxa japonica as well and have used it in my tank with great success. It is actually a stem plant if you look closely. Have found it doesn't like a change in water parameters or being uprooted too much.

James

Funnily enough, thats what I was thinking.

Any idea where I can get hold of it in a good quality from?
I trid to to get some on order form birstall.co.uk (they sell tropica) but are having difficulty getting it from tropica.

I've also seen another plant which is pretty new and expensive to help enhavce the forground called Pogostemon helferi

How about some Bolbitis heudelotii on the lower branches growing horizontally in to the foreground, possibly shading some Anubias below.

Dave.

I have seen it growing horizontally in a few tanks, including Mr Amano`s. If he can do it, anyone can. :lol:

Dave.

Hi there, what about pogstemon helferi a very nice plant with an unusual leaf patern it may give you what you are looking for,regards john :) :)

Back