• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I heard you guys know a thing or two about plants

wijnands

And since I have much to learn still I thought I might as well sign up here.I can often be found on the PFK forums as well under the same user name.

I have a single aquarium, a rio 125 which looks like this:

10252542163_0e78f4b79c_z.jpg
DSC_0741 by j_wijnands, on Flickr
It's a low tech affair without co2 and only a small amount of fertilizer.

And I occasionally dabble a bit with small planted setups with a few shrimps at most.

Mine runs anywhere between 23 and 25 during most of the year. This summer tank temps have reached 29 degrees and I don't think that has hurt the plants.

thats good to know, mine runs between 27-30 (Althogh Ive slowly lowered it to 28 and most plants struggle)

Have you got a list of species that is in there?

Sure. Didn't post it here because I thought it's primarily a plant forum.
6 marbled hatchets
6 harlequin rasbora
1 gold tetra (last of it's group and 7 years old now) who thinks he's boss of the rasboras
14 green neons
6 corydoras pygmaeus
3 ancistrus claro + some fry
few dozen shrimp of an unknown species

These don't need high temps. My heater broke recently and the tank has been at room temperature of 20, 21C for 36 hours. Only the harlequins didn't like this much and became pale and the corys went a bit sluggish. The summer heat didn't bother them too much (peak temp of 29C) either but I did raise the spraybar quite a bit to get more air in.

Pfff...

Front left is some rotala rotundifolia, under the wood the grassy stuff is some kind of echinodorus. On the wood near the top is java fern windelov. Back left I got some Cyperus Helferi and Sagittaria subulata which is also back right behind the nymphaea. There's some anubias on the back right to camouflage the filter pipe a bit. Back wall is largely covered in java moss and there's some smaller stuff in there as well including a crypt and some Echinodorus Tennelus (isn't doing that well because the MTS keep uprooting it. Floating is amazon frogbit.

:D is there anyone from the PFK regulars NOT present on this forum?

Back