• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I have returned...

Swampy

After just over a four year absence, I have returned to a planted aquarium.

Some of you may remember me from the PFK forum, which on my return I have found has disappeared?

You see it's all George Farmers fault, his video ''How to AQUASCAPE a NATURE AQUARIUM - The Easy Way!'' popped up on my Youtube account and got me thinking... maybe I just might set up a planted aquarium in our new home, but there's a problem.

DSC_4407small-1.JPG

So, four years ago having sold everything, and I mean everything, no aquariums, filters, heaters, no lights, substrate, no hardscape, you get the picture, I had nothing. I'm left wondering about maybe setting up again with little or nothing left to use without spending a whole load of cash, but on plus side I do still have the main ingredient, water... quite depressing really!
But a painful lesson to be learned here people, perhaps I should of listed this thread ''a cautionary tale'' If you stop fishkeeping or aquascaping, don't sell everything. Store the expensive stuff, warp it, seal it, box it up and put it the garage, loft, or shed and forget about it. Trust me, you'll be glad you did, unlike myself counting the cost of all that you sold or gave away.

I now have a glass box with heated H2O again, but oh boy do I regret selling my Green Machine aquascaping tools now!

Martin.

Hi Martin, good to have you back :)
Scaping can be like that sometimes. But it's one of the those pastimes that gets under your skin; my tanks never stay empty for long before I get the overwhelming urge to create something new.

Back