• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I couldn't increase my CO2

Dolll

Seedling
Hi,
my problem is in the title :)

First this is my tank:

1.JPG

It's a Eheim Proxima Plus aquarium, 320 litres (84,5 gallons) tank, about 200/220 litres net volume (52,8/58 gallons)
Eheim pump 1700 litres (449 gallons) per hour
Dennerle CO2 set with glass diffuser
Dennerle scaper's soil (on a small surface area)
light: 2 x Eheim Power LED 4800 Lumen

Here is the arrangement of the equipment
2.jpg

KH: 4
PH: 6,9
CO2 is then 15 (and the drop checker is a dark green)

Without CO2 or with about 1, 2, 3 or 4 bubbles per second, It's hardly change anything, neither the Ph nor the CO2 level.
I tried to change the place of the diffuser but the difference was not obvious

Perhaps too much water movement on the surface with the Lily pipe ? But when I reduce the pump (and then the water movement), it doesn't change...
3.JPG

So, if anyone has an idea, any suggestion is welcome !!!!!!!!

Attachments

• P1130822.JPG
    P1130822.JPG
    851.2 KB · Views: 111
Put the diffuser opposite the outflow. Also maybe clean the diffuser if dirty as it can help with diffusion. The looks great btw - why do you want more co2 if it's working well as is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also - replace drop checker solution - just to be sure!

Put the diffuser opposite the outflow. Also maybe clean the diffuser if dirty as it can help with diffusion. The looks great btw - why do you want more co2 if it's working well as is?

Why more CO2? You're right, it's a good question. The reason why is, with more CO2 perhaps I'll use different plants. In addition I deal with black brush algae (not too much) and I think that a better level of CO2 could help me to get rid of these algae and furthermore I would like to reduce my Ph.

I would also agree that it looks great and in balance and not sure why to change the CO2 level. There will always be a little algae and you can always spot does with Excel / Glut to tackle the BBA. My tank is about 180L and have to run twin inline diffusers with about 3 or 4 bps in each to get near the one point drop in ph with a similar plant mass, I would possibly look at moving your diffuser under the lily pipe to push the CO2 directly round the tank, it might make an immediate difference without having to up the gas.

If you want to try other more sensitive plants you could test whether your tank can handle them as it is with a small test growth in a certain area and watch the reaction. If they grow leave it as it is, if not then look to making the changes.

Very nice looking tank, and healthy looking Pinnatifida indicates your doing well.
Don't see much room for more plant's unless tear down is on the horizon?
I would be quite happy with the tank as is and might experiment with other plant's in another tank /scape?

Currently it's right I haven't too much problems with my plants. I particularly like the Pinnatifida that is much more beautiful now with more fertiliser and a little bit more CO2. On the other hand, the Lilaeopsis brasiliensis in the front on the left isn't healthy perhaps due to the CO2 or due to the medium light.
For the BBA I use myself Easy Carbo and with attention H2O2.
Thank you very much for your interest and your compliments

What I find curious too this is the CO2 bubbles on the surface of the water. Is it normal ?

P1130851.JPG

What I find curious too this is the CO2 bubbles on the surface of the water. Is it normal ?

View attachment 102653

That's why many prefer reactors. No bubbles in the tank unless you have very bright lights and your plants are pearling. Then those will be O instead of CO2.

I'm experimenting with pygmy chain swords too and noticed that although they weren't dying, growth was slow. Yesterday after a water change, I shifted the little aquasoil ball where they were to a high point point in the hardscape, just a few inches from the light. They started pearling gently so I guess they're quite light hungry.

That's why many prefer reactors. No bubbles in the tank unless you have very bright lights and your plants are pearling. Then those will be O instead of CO2.

I'm experimenting with pygmy chain swords too and noticed that although they weren't dying, growth was slow. Yesterday after a water change, I shifted the little aquasoil ball where they were to a high point point in the hardscape, just a few inches from the light. They started pearling gently so I guess they're quite light hungry.

Is a reactor noisy ?

Is a reactor noisy ?

Depends on your bubble rate. With < 4 - 5 bps, you should hardly hear anything and anyway, that barely noticeable bubbling is a sign that things are working.

A large number of aquascapers are still using ceramic diffusers so there's definitely nothing wrong with them but if you don't like having bubbles in your tank, then you can consider reactors.

HOWEVER, with the greater efficiency of reactors (assuming we're still at the same bubble rate), you might find your plants photosynthesizing happily and you'll get the same thing, only this time, it's oxygen bubbles. :D

Back