• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hypothetical fx5 (now on order)

That link didnt work, the page was too old or something.

I think the only way is to build your own reactor. That way you can build it to handle the large diameter hose. But you'll obviously need to do as I've done and convert to smooth pipe instead of the ribbed Fluval stuff.

You could of course do as I did before I inserted the pipe straight into the intake. So initially I used to have a small diffuser underneath the intake, and I drilled lots of small holes in the bottom of the intake head to help this work better.
I managed to get most of the tiny diffused bubbles to suck into the filter, but some rose straight past it and hit the surface. In hindsight I should have positioned my internal pump pushing water past the top of this so it picked up any bubbles that didn't get sucked up.

You can go on forever experimenting with all this can't you. Drives ya nuts in the end you know :)

Cheers

Back