• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hydrocotyle leucocephala along wood with slow growing moss

Ajm200

I’m wondering if any of you have trained this to grow on and around wood? thinking of trying it amongst moss on spiderwood.

I want to provide shaded areas for my diamond tetra. I have some wood that is curved like an arch. Thinking of planting adding Java fern and anubias along the thicker areas and having a slower growing moss on the wood with some hydrocotyle-leucocephala trained round the branches amongst the moss

Would this work?

Yes, I have some around some wood. It grows well floating and is easy to trail around the wood. I don't have CO2, possibly if you did it might grow too fast, but it's an easy plant to trim and even smells nice!

Yes, I have some around some wood. It grows well floating and is easy to trail around the wood. I don't have CO2, possibly if you did it might grow too fast, but it's an easy plant to trim and even smells nice!
Thanks. Wasn’t planning on co2 although I have the kit. I was going to use slow growing easy plants and it’s a dirted tank that I lightly does with the EI mix ferts

Good to know you are having success without co2

Last edited:
Yes - mine has started doing this of it’s own accord and grows like mad without CO2. It also does well emersed. Will post pic shortly!

EDIT: it’s way too horrifically overgrown to warrant a photo. Just let it clamber.

Last edited:
Back