• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydor Heater and Eheim 2224 Filter

Bobtastic

Hi guys,

I have recently acquired some additional kit for my 240litre tank in the run up to a rescape. The equipment in question is an Eheim 2224 filter and a Hydor ETH 300w heater. The potential problem that I have is that the filter uses 12/16mm piping, where the heater has a 16/22mm connection. Can I use some from of converter/connector to use it with this filter without drastically reducing the flow?

I have the possibility of swapping the 300w heater (16/22mm) for a 200w heater of the same make but that uses the 12/16mm connection. This would obviously overcome the connector problem but will the 200w heater be enough to heat 240litres of water?

Which is my best option in your opinion. I haven't used this sort of heater before so am flying blind a little bit...

I would use a hose converter to get 16/22mm hose onto the filter and cut your current hydor into that

A connector in this fashion?

Connectordiagram.png

Will something like the above affect the output flow pressure from the filter?

Back