• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Humor

Onoma1

In one element of my post I attempted to leven a post with a bit of humour. A joke about Edinburgh and Glasgow. One I had shared with me on more occasions than I can count whilst living in Scotland and then by and between Scottish friends and colleagues. Quite safe and perfectly permissable in polite society. A small detour to end quite a depressing topic. This was moderated out not for lack or originality or for a poor sense of humour but because I needed to stick to aquascaping! I am quite discombobulated. What is the policy are posts just to factual stick to the point posts or is humor weaved into a post allowed?

Looking at the thread, it’s not obvious that it was meant to be humour, was interpreted as being serious and hence moderated. UKAPS is certainly not a humourless place.

"It was interpreted as being serious and hence moderated."

Could you reassure the moderator in question of my deep and abiding love of Scotland and that in no way did I wish to offend either the wonderful people of Glasgow or Edinburgh.

While I can, however, accept that the joke was unoriginal, I have to admit to being slightly upset at it being censored because it was perceived as unfunny. That hurts. Can I appeal?

Do I take it that light mockery of Liverpudlians or Mancs is also out? Just wanted to check 😁

Back