• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Huge filter for a nano tank

TeaHausCanada

Greetings from Canada! I am being gifted an Eheim 2017 and I'm thinking of using it in my 6.3g Nano (long). Probably way more filter than this tank needs but is it ok to have this much filtration for such a small aquarium? I know the regular flow from this thing would be too much but the Eheim valves can adjust the output flow so hopefully this would work. Currently have a small ZooMed canister which has done well but since I'm getting this for free, I thought maybe I would exchange it for the Eheim. Any advice is always appreciated. The aquarium is a lightly stocked, heavily planted tank.

If I remember rightly the 2217 has a 6bladed impeller, if so chopping off every other blade much like people do to reduce the flow of the 2213 for tiny tanks would likely work.
Impellers are cheap ultimately so I’d risk it.

If I remember rightly the 2217 has a 6bladed impeller, if so chopping off every other blade much like people do to reduce the flow of the 2213 for tiny tanks would likely work.
Impellers are cheap ultimately so I’d risk it.
Never even thought of that..........thanks for the hint.

Back