• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How would you arrange the flow in this tank?

Ben C

I am hugely inspired by this tank but was wondering how best to organise the flow in this tank? The natural flow of the wood and plants is right to left, so the direction of water movement would need to reflect this.

I'm thinking filter outlet front right to filter inlet back right. Is that what you'd recommend?

Also, any idea what moss that is in there?

Thanks all

Ben

Hi Ben, the image seems to be the final image for iaplc, so no equipment etc and plants can be placed where you want them (tall background plants seem to point left and right contradicting flow and probably from a hairdryer used to create a ripple on water surface) if it were mine I would probably have the inlet and outlet front right or a spray bar along the right hand side glass (using a strong enough filter off course) no clue on the moss mate but peacock moss can be trimmed and kept nicely shaped and compact.

Thanks Tim - I just wonder how the plants below the outlet receive any CO2, if indeed you do put it at the front right...

It should create a circular flow pattern water ending up back where it started, if the filter or pump is strong enough(in theory) in practice as most of us tend to find flow especially how its distributed can be lacking, I always seem to end up adding a power head in my 3ft tank to ensure the co2 gets to all areas, hope this helps.

Back