• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How will I know I need to refill CO2??

killi69

The most basic of questions, I know, and one I am a bit embarrassed to ask :lol: but would like to know the answer before the cannister actually runs out.

Is it by checking the gauge - and should I refill as soon as the pressure starts to drop or leave it till it reaches a certain level?

I read about something called like 'end of tank syndrome' where a lethal sudden burst of CO2 release can occur when the cannister is almost empty? Just started on my CO2 journey and want to be prepared.

Many thanks people.

Andre

I've just had my 1st run dry and noticed I was getting less gas. You'll see the pressures go down. If you have a dual reg once the working pressure goes down you almost out.

Next time, as I now have a spare, I would change just after a noticeable pressure drop instead of upping the injection rate for a few weeks.

As the link says. Once the high pressure gauge drops you don't have liquid CO2 in the bottle any more, only gas, so time to re-fill.

Back