• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to use lean fertilizer?

Gerald_meer

Hi!
I looked on the website Rotala Butterfly | Planted Aquarium Calculators & Information that when applying fertilizer Tropica Plant Growth Specialized of normal dosage to the aquarium , it is adding only
K 0,412 ppm
Fe 0,028 ppm
Can such a concentration of fertilizers affect anything at all? It seems to me that by adding food, we will get more of these elements.
But at the same time, it is written on all sites that iron should be at least 0.2, and Potassium is about 15.
That's concentrations are 30 times more than I can to reach using Tropica.
Where is true?))

Hi!
I looked on the website Rotala Butterfly | Planted Aquarium Calculators & Information that when applying fertilizer Tropica Plant Growth Specialized of normal dosage to the aquarium , it is adding only
K 0,412 ppm
Fe 0,028 ppm
Can such a concentration of fertilizers affect anything at all?

Hello and welcome to UKAPS! :)

The short answer to your question is yes, but it depends... If you give us details about your tank setup, what plants your growing and what water you're using / water parameters etc. we will be able to qualify our answers more succinct to your specific situation.

Cheers,
Michael

Hello and welcome to UKAPS! :)

The short answer to your question is yes, but it depends...

Cheers,
Michael
I haven't got aquarium now, but I need more theoretical information for my data base :)) I do aquariums sometimes.. One of that in attach..
Someone doses 40 ppm per week, anothers doses only 2 ppm (like on my photo).
I'd like to understand better of processes in aquariums..
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-12-01-03-39-974-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-12-01-03-39-974-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 80
Welcome to ukaps @Gerald_meer you may or may not find some of the answers to your questions here:

Cheers.

Welcome to ukaps @Gerald_meer you may or may not find some of the answers to your questions here:

Cheers.
Oh no😅 memories....

what's there, in short? 😁

Lots of debates pro and con lean dosing ... and plenty of nay and yea saying... and while a lot of us were just talking, this dude (among others) went down to brass tacks and did it:

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Lots of debates pro and con lean dosing ... and plenty of nay and yea saying... and while a lot of us were just talking this dude when and did this:

Cheers,
Michael
Who is this guy. He Seems rather cool😂

Back