• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how to plant M. monte carlo

Nick16

hi all,

i have got some 12grow pots and im not sure the best way to plant this one?
is it as simple as pulling apart and dividing into individual shoots?

The hairgrass is simple, but Monte carlo is new to me.
Must say, im impressed how well they travel in the pots.

hi all,

i have got some 12grow pots and im not sure the best way to plant this one?
is it as simple as pulling apart and dividing into individual shoots?

The hairgrass is simple, but Monte carlo is new to me.
Must say, im impressed how well they travel in the pots.

yup, when i got mine i just used scissors to cut into 6-8 sections, then planted them with only a slight showing above the surface. They pretty quickly emerge and take hold

Thanks, will be dry starting so will just be wetting the soil enough for the roots. The substrate slope might pose a problem though - for the water levels.

Once they go submersed i can wack up the co2 and light as there will be no fish yet.

yup, when i got mine i just used scissors to cut into 6-8 sections, then planted them with only a slight showing above the surface. They pretty quickly emerge and take hold
Totally agree with planting them with only a slight showing above the surface... From my experience though you may want to cut them into smaller chunks maybe 10/12.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L04 using Tapatalk

How many pots & what area do you want to plant?
I separate a single 1-2-Grow pot of MC into (at least) 20 - 30 plantlets ... a razor blade provides cleaner "cuts" & fast ...
1-2-Grow pots can easily yield 40 - 60 plants, much depends on your patience.

Generally you want to ensure that plant is well anchored to prevent free floating once tank is filled, dry-start tends not to have this issue as plants establish roots before being flooded
Note that not all plants respond well to dry-start methods.
Dry-Start is also not a guarantee against "melt" once tank is flooded (most look very pretty though ;))

Back