• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to increase flow in a 60L cube

natalie243385

Seedling
Hello,

I recently set-up a 60L cube and it currently has a Oase 250 thermo filter, with 12/16mm piping and lily pipes (aquascaper).

I am experiencing sections in the tank where there is clearly insufficient flow and CO2. This results in a bit of 'dead space' where the plants start to die (but this is only in these sections), there is also no visible signs of pearling on half of the tank only. I am wondering if there's anything I can do to increase the flow, such as changing the type of lily pipes, changing the position of the lily pipes, switching to larger pipes and tubes?

Any advise would be welcomed. It's probably worth adding that the hardscape creates a sort of pinnacle in the centre which ideally the flow would go around.

Thanks!

On my 55l scapers tank Im running the same filter and pipes but have the blau jet style pipes which seem to create more than enough flow around the tank. Also as @dw1305 mentions I have changed my prefilter sponges to the higher grade orange ones, and removed a blue sponge from inside to allow more output, also minimised the biological media inside the filter.

Thank you, I changed from 12/16mm to 16/22mm set and it seems to have significantly increased the flow. I also positioned the pipes on the back left, which seems to force the water and CO2 around and across the front and up the right side. I also switched from the aquascaper inflow, to one without a skimmer. I’ll see how it goes. It’s the first time I’ve experienced so much melting, but I guess that could also just be part of a new tank set-up. :oops:

Back