• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to grow sensitive plants in "no tech" ?

eminor

Hello, i have a small 1.5 gallons tank, no filter, no co2, no heater, just a 470 lumens led light. When i add ferts, i do a water change while adding nutrients, is it possible to grow plant like didiplis diandra in there ( i use soft water for such a small volume) ?

i know that some nutrients are not very mobile, how to deal with that without adding pump, ? thx

i know that some nutrients are not very mobile, how to deal with that without adding pump, ?
Mobility of nutrients refers to their mobility inside the plant. It's a physiological stuff, not physical.
I run low-tech tanks, and I quite believe Didiplis diandra can be kept without CO2 injection, though I must admit I've never tried. But I strongly believe in oxygen & water movement, so I keep a pump with venturi in each of my tanks. Also, in low-tech, proper balance of minerals and low organic pollution are paramount for demanding plants.

Mobility of nutrients refers to their mobility inside the plant. It's a physiological stuff, not physical.
I run low-tech tanks, and I quite believe Didiplis diandra can be kept without CO2 injection, though I must admit I've never tried. But I strongly believe in oxygen & water movement, so I keep a pump with venturi in each of my tanks. Also, in low-tech, proper balance of minerals and low organic pollution are paramount for demanding plants.
plant can absorb all nutrients nearby without need of water movement ?

a little update, i added diy co2 which made a huge impact on plant growth, i use rain water, i don't know the KH but pretty sure it's low, same with GH, there is tons of light in it. I can't make didiplis diandra yellow/orange/red it stay green, rotala rotundifolia neither any idea why ? thx

i have more light in that tank than my principal one in which rotala is getting reddish, one thing that i noticed is that the didiplis diandra internode seems way too long ?

307112856_821579508880367_2699404941824210333_n.jpg

Back